The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Celestine Prophecy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

The Celestine Prophecy Empty
PostSubject: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 7:56 pm

It is my belief that a lot of people on this forum have read this book. And to those that haven't, I highly recommend it. From what I gathered from it, it teaches about auras and reading people, about coincidences and how to determine what they mean... But, for me, the most important lesson I got from this book was the theory of energies. To me, this sums up the entire reason of war, violence, anger... It states how people need energy to operate, to survive. However, they find this energy all around them, and not always in a positive nature.

People find energy in each other. In love, they share the energies and feel a mutual rising from it. However, sometimes the energies are taken. This is when a person attempts to dominate their will over another person. Be it through intimidation, manipulation or other negative means. It is when we are feeling low on energy, when we need to boost ourselves up and fail to find a positive way of doing so that we enforce ourselves to others and take this energy from them. Thus, in turn, that person seeks to do the same thing in return, be it to the person that did it to them or someone else. Thus, the chain continues, and the negativity spreads.

But, the same contagious concepts apply to positive energies. When one sends out their positive energies, not only is it returned to them, but it helps to spread to others. This is why they say a smile can be contagious. So can a frown, but most people don't want to enhance the spread of frowns, so they talk about smiles. At any rate, it is my opinion that realizing these problems in the world around you is not only a good way to see the actual process of how and why people harm one another, but also a sound way to help in ceasing the process. We may be a long way away from ending the negativity that ensues our world, but sometimes one small stone can make the largest ripples in the pool of life.

I do hope that didn't come off too cheesy... Regardless if it did, I'd still recommend the book to anyone that takes any kind of interest to these forums.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 10:34 pm

I give to you three sites. One that guides the purpose of the Celestine Prophecy, one that summarizes it, and another that is the doorway to words against this book. I like to keep a fair and balanced view of things.

The Celestine Prophecy Homepage:
http://www.celestinevision.com/

A summary of the 'Insights' of the book:
http://homestar.org/bryannan/celistin.html

Against:
http://kenneth.moyle.ca/cp/
Back to top Go down
BMan

BMan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:46 pm

What about the movie? I know you saw the preview.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 6:28 pm

I saw the movie. I recorded the movie. I have a VHS of the movie. Chances are, I could download the movie, but I haven't. To be honest, it was highly disappointing. I know everyone always says the book was better. In this case, it really was. The movie is okay for someone just getting in and wants a general idea, but it by-passes a lot of the details that I feel are important and addressed in the book.
Back to top Go down
mephy
Admin

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 6:59 am

I am currently reading a book titled, "Why Can't We Be Good?" Written by Jacob Needkeman, a social philospher and professor out of SFU.

So far, the book is a nice addendum to the Celestine Prophecy expressing the good vs bad relationships and concepts.
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 am

The movie is next up on our Netflix queue, so I guess I shouldn't expect too much. Thanks.

The book was a good starting point for me, and for several people I know. It presents some difficult concepts in a very easy to accept manner.

From a purely scientific viewpoint, everything is energy. Rocks, trees, people, cows ... even platypusseseses. Anyway, this so-called reality is all energy. Thoughts are energy as well, but in a form that can be focused and directed. Actually, not "can be" but ARE.

Your thoughts influence your reality whether you intend for them to or not. If you live in fear or negativity, you will probably have a fairly difficult life. Focusing on the news, getting caught up in any form of extreme beliefs, even watching a lot of violent TV or movies all add a level of pollution to your thought processes, and therefore to your life.
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
Trench
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:28 am

That's why I love watching comedies... Though, I have noticed a lot more medical problems with me after I started watching House. Can't help it, though. It's a great show.

At any rate, yes, life of energy... This is a concept myself and Mephy had discussed at one point. And, rogorm, if you would check your PM messages, I would appreciate your thoughts and what you picked up from your research on the String Theory (though probably more in the 'Science' section.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Celestine Prophecy   The Celestine Prophecy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Celestine Prophecy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: Theories and Philosophies :: Theories and Philosophies-
Jump to: