The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Secret

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

The Secret Empty
PostSubject: The Secret   The Secret Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 9:15 am

What is "The Secret"?

http://thesecret.tv/

It's a video I highly recommend anyone to watch. But, it's more than just a video, it's a philosophy. A way of life. It explains the laws of attraction and how what you think is how you create your reality. In theory, it is an awesome and inspiring concept. In practice... Well, for those that already do know of The Secret and have attempted to use it's trade, I leave it open for you to say how it's worked for you.
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51

The Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret   The Secret Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Actually, it's worked quite well for me. I've used to to find my current wife, as well as my current occupation. It comes in handy to keep screaming kids away from me when I go to restaurants, and to find good parking spaces.

I find it interesting when this type of thing is labeled as "new age", when they are the same principles talked about by Buddah and Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
Trench
Admin

The Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret   The Secret Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Now, you talk about, for example, keeping away screaming kids. Now, it teaches that if you think "I don't want screaming kids near my table" you're sending out the message of screaming kids near your table, and thusly are apt to attract them. So, the question on that is, what is it you say to yourself to detract such things?
Back to top Go down
BMan

BMan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret   The Secret Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:45 pm

"I don't want to kill any kids today."
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

The Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret   The Secret Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 6:27 pm

To renew a seemingly dying topic with an argument that I've been thinking on making for some time. This time, I'm not going to repost the entire thing, but offer up a link. Still, even though it's simply linked, I'd be interested on hearing the opinions in regards to the article.

http://www.slate.com/id/2165746
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Secret Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret   The Secret Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: Theories and Philosophies :: Theories and Philosophies-
Jump to: