The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God of the Day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 12:10 pm

I'm writing a book titled "Gods, Angels and Demons". It is a book where I site sources and display what these sources say about the three subjects. A part of it is naming off every entity that falls into the three catagories. It is a daunting task. In my task, however, I have decided to list off random gods here. Not only does it give insight to other entities to those that come to the site, but also helps me keep in writing my book. If there is anything you have to add to a God that is displayed, please, put forth your knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 5:27 pm

First God I researched. Probably because it's from an African tribe and his name is Abassi. Can't beat a couple of A's. (Also a helpful tip when playing Poker.) Anyway, it seemed appropriate that he was also the first one placed here.

Abassi
(www.pantheon.org)
The creator god of the Efik (Nigeria), Abassi was instructed by his wife, Atai, to allow a human couple to settle on the Earth, but forbade them to procreate or work, for fear that they might excel Abassi in wisdom. For some time the humans observed this rule, but eventually they began to work and have children, for which Atai slew the man and his wife, and caused strife and discord between their children.
Back to top Go down
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 8:27 pm

I thought this was supposed to be god of the day?
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 9:10 am

He didn't say EVERY day.
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
Trench
Admin

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Abiku   God of the Day Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Abiku
(www.wikipedia.com)
A term used to describe a type of evil spirit in Yoruba mythology. They are reportedly constantly hungry and thirsty, and prefer to prey upon children. The name is also applied to spirits in the form of children who must repeatedly die and be reborn.
(www.godchecker.com)
They are very partial to children — either as a takeaway snack or to stay inside for extra portions.
Luckily the ABIKU can be driven away by the ringing of bells.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Ala
(Ale, Alla, Ane, Ani)
(www.godchecker.com)
Earth Mother Goddess of Fertility and Death. Thus she has a hand in the beginning of life and its end.
A very popular deity, she was begotten by Sun God, Chuku, and became his wife.
(www.wikipedia.com)
In Igbo mythology is the goddess of fertility, who also rules the underworld. The Igbo believe she can be Chukwu's wife or daughter. She is often depicted with a small child in her arms and her symbol is the crescent moon. It is believed that the souls of the dead reside in her sacred womb.
Ala is still worshipped by the Igbo of Nigeria and is annually paid homage to during the Yam festival.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:38 am

Jakuta
(From godchecker.com)
Known as the Thrower of Light, he's always been a bit displeased with mankind's behaviour. When he gets irritated he can start chucking light around and making growling noises. He has never been SHANGO despite the similarities. He was around long before that upstart.
Back to top Go down
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 12:42 pm

What culture is Jakuta from?
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 pm

Sorry about that. He's an African God.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

God of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of the Day   God of the Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God of the Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: General :: General-
Jump to: