The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

Magic? Empty
PostSubject: Magic?   Magic? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:05 pm

What is magic? For this one, I seek not the wikipedia definition, but leave it more open for discussion, starting with my thoughts on the subject. In my belief, I consider it the 'manipulation of the science of nature'. That is to say, in theory, we can control nature through methods we don't fully understand, as of now. In this, we've dedicated several rituals and spells, herbs and potions... Many different concepts behind how to manipulate such things. Each 'path' of magic has it's own methods. Some lay claim to usin rituals, others with nature's 'gifts' (herbs and dusts and such), and others believe in the power of simply thinking for things to happen. Some believe that there is no such thing as light and dark magic, but that all magic is nothing more than it's intent. Much like a car, it's all in who uses it. A necromancy spell could be used for good, whereas healing could be used for bad.

I intend to post up some suggested 'spells' and other theories. This was inspired by a 'Book of Shadows' I had been working on over 10 years ago. Like the rest of this forum, I'm not certain what my end intent here is, but I am interested to see what comes of it.
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51

Magic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic?   Magic? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:44 pm

I think the conventional definition of "magic" is a combination of things: slight of hand, illusion, misdirection and mechanical "tricks". If you go back to "the good old days" of wizardry, I believe many of these tactics were also used. I believe the better wizards also were familiar with "natures gifts", and an even more elite group probably also stumbled onto some spiritual laws which (in my opinion) would give them the ability to over-ride some physical laws.
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95

Magic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic?   Magic? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Yes, well, when I speak of 'magic', I'm not speaking of illusionists, such as modern tricksters. I'm not talking 'show magic', so much as the actual manipulation of magic. In the near future (hopefully) I'll give some real examples of what I speak of.
Back to top Go down
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

Magic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic?   Magic? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 1:02 pm

I beleive that is what rogorm just said but they are a very very elite group which are hard to come by. Many people fool them selves into believing they can perform magic and very few of them actually can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic?   Magic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: Supernatural :: Magic & Rituals-
Jump to: