The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Christ

Go down 
+2
jesca
mephy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mephy
Admin

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 6:13 am

How did Jesus become so popular? Why is Christianity the most widespread religion in the world (and continually growing) What makes Jesus, Jesus?
Back to top Go down
jesca

jesca

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-05

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm

I think a large reason for this was the FORCE that Christians used (and still use) to spread their religion. I mean, back in the day, if you didn't want to be a Christian, you were killed. Hell, I'd convert in that case. I know it's not the only religion to have used this tactic, but it was the most effective, for other reasons, I guess...

One of those reasons might possibly be that, as someone said somewhere in this forum, you have a lot more to lose if the Christians are right and you're not a Christian than you do if you're right and you're not a christian. If a christian and i died right now, and he was right, I'd be cast into eternal fire and whatnot. However, if I was right, he'd be right on level with me. Why NOT convert? Cover your bases? For me, it's a matter of principle is all.
Back to top Go down
BMan

BMan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Salem? Missionaries to "underdeveloped" countries? The Crusades?

Wait, what was the question?
Back to top Go down
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-06-02

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 7:15 am

There is also the Christian concept that you are a Christian from birth and many families have there childrren baptized. In other religions you may attend with your family when you are little but you have the choose to become part of it at a certain age and they want you go go out and learn about the other things out there before you choose. A couple of religions that do this are Wicca and Judiism. Of course that is to name a few and you don't have to be a Christian when your baptized. I was baptized and I'm not but there is the tendency to stay with it. I also believe the strict Catholic beliefs about birth controle and marrage have someting to do with it.
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 10:55 pm

Before Christianity became a "force", it was not uncommon to be imprisoned, tortured or killed for supporting this religion. In spite of that, it grew.

Not all Christians believe in baptism in childhood. Many believe a person must make that decision themselves when they reach an appropriate age.

A significant reason why Jesus became popular was simply because of His story, especially His death. He has maintained his popularity because the things he said reflect the very truth that this board is seeking, which is exactly what people have been seeking since ... the beginning?
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 12:55 pm

But, is it a truth? And, if so, how much of it is really said truth? And, to top it all off, how much of this 'truth' has been distorted?
Back to top Go down
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:20 am

I think I know the solution to our problem. We need a time machine. Does anyone have a spare one they aren't using?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christ   The Christ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Christ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: Religion :: Christianity-
Jump to: