The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the difference?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BMan

BMan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-03

What is the difference? Empty
PostSubject: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 4:12 pm

...between a prophetic vision and a religious miracle? The reason I thought of the question is as follows:

Knyteowl wrote:
In 1993 my grandmother (my Dad's mother) was very sick and on life support. It was Christmas day and I was riding with my Mom to my other grandmother (My Mom's mom) for Christmas day. Half way there I just happen to look up in the sky and noticed a very strange cloud, like noting I have ever seen before or since. The cloud was in the shape of a cross. I grew up near an army base and knew what jet trails look like and it was nothing like a jet trail. Looking at it I got this horrable heavy feeling. That afternoon during Christmas dinner the phone rang. I was my Dad, he said that grandma had died.

I am not a Christain nor do I subsribe myself to any particular religion but it is someting that I will always remember.

Which was it and how do you tell?
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 8:24 am

I would say that a vision is something that happens to you as an individual, where a miracle is something that can be witnessed by others. She doesn't specify whether anybody else saw this, so we don't really know.
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:47 am

My Mom was the only one in the car with me but I didn't point it out to her because she was driving and the cloud gave me a wierd feeling.
Back to top Go down
BMan

BMan

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 pm

What if God himself were to come down and tell people that the world were coming to an end in 17 years?
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 6:32 pm

To me, a vision is merely that which could lead to a miracle. Or, Perhaps a specific type of miracle. To really effectively answer that, I suppose it'd depend on your definition of 'miracle'.
Back to top Go down
Knyteowl

Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 7:35 am

God has supposedly come down and said there was an end several times. The main group that buys into that is the seventh day advantist which I am sorry to say started in Central NY.
Back to top Go down
rogorm

rogorm

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:08 am

rogorm wrote:
I would say that a vision is something that happens to you as an individual, where a miracle is something that can be witnessed by others.

I'm not saying that multiple people can't have the same vision, but it's more of a personal thing. If they had it on a stage, not everyone in the audience would be able to see the vision, whereas they would be able to see a miracle (assuming their vision was good enough)
Back to top Go down
http://123homeinspections.com
BMan

BMan

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:03 pm

I don't suppose I have a definition for miracle. Or vision. I think maybe either definition would have to be more circumstantial.
Back to top Go down
tchivai

tchivai

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 4:20 am

I agree, visions are more internal, possible to be seen by more than one person but generally just some sort of augmented -feeling- you get. Miracles obviously have to include a deity or their assistants or supposedly so, have to be positive and have to be something that has an effect.

Seeing odd clouds and knowing someone is dead = Vision

Seeing odd clouds having a sudden premonition that you need to turn down thisroadrighthere and saving the life of someone in a car wreck down there = Miracle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the difference?   What is the difference? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the difference?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: Supernatural :: General-
Jump to: