The Search of Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The search!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mephy
Admin

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The search! Empty
PostSubject: The search!   The search! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:27 pm

Here's a very simple dilema:

If we knew the truth, would it make us any happier? Would we boast and become arrogant? Would we attempt to force others to view the truth and understand it? Would we cowar in the face of the divine and shun society?

Hypothetical questions I just found curious when reading the title of the board.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

The search! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The search!   The search! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 8:48 am

I can only answer for myself. My answer: Yes. Yes, it would make me better. Knowing why I exist, knowing why I live, knowing the truths of the universe and creation would let me know how it is I am supposed to live. Think about it, if you knew there was no eternal consequence, if you found out the aithiests were right, would you live life differently than if you found out there was a God and the Christians were right the whole time? If you knew how to prepare yourself to optimize your afterlife, wouldn't you do it?

I live life not knowing what it is I live for. Yes, I have no goal in life, outside of the idea of figuring out what life is for. Seems like an empty kind of way to live life, probably. But, we all live life for different reasons. We all have our purpose in life. Mine is to discover what life is for, what it's about. I may never attain it. But, it is this goal that has led me to months and years of research, this forum and the process of writing a couple of different books, amount other things.

I don't think I'd be arrogant. I would spread such truth, but I certainly wouldn't force it upon others, nor would it cower me, for nothing is worth fearing (save for extreme pain). But, I feel the overwhelming urge to search for the answer, even if I never find it. But, without this urge, I wouldn't have found the ways to deal with life as I have.
Back to top Go down
jesca

jesca

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-05

The search! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The search!   The search! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:51 pm

I think you're wrong, trench. I think if you knew, without a doubt, that what you believed really WAS the truth, you WOULD try to force other people to become enlightened. Everyone out there, even the ones who "know," know that they don't REALLY know. No one with a concept of "religion' or "philosophy" REALLY lives without a grain of doubt. If you could, there's no way you could stand back and let your loved ones (or any random stranger, for that matter) live in ignorance. Therefore, you would become annoying to all around you, live the rest of your life in isolation, and die a miserable, lonely, enlightened man. :-P That's my theory.
Back to top Go down
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

The search! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The search!   The search! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 6:53 pm

I think I'd rather live like that than live without knowing. But, I do disagree with you. I'm not a forceful kind of guy. I live everyday knowing how people can do what they're doing differently. I tell them how, too. But, when they refuse to listen, I sit back and watch them fall. It's what I do. I have no problems with no one wanting to take my word for anything. But, I do offer them the chance to hear it, if they did want to listen.
Back to top Go down
BMan

BMan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-03

The search! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The search!   The search! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 11:36 am

Maybe if you knew the truth, you wouldn't tell people just because that was part of the truth?

I know I sound like I'm making a joke, but I'm not. Maybe part of the turth is knowing how to let people live on their own.
Back to top Go down
tchivai

tchivai

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-06

The search! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The search!   The search! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 8:47 pm

I think it would depend on the truth... there are some possibilities out there for the ultimate truth that would not be terribly appreciated. If it were something ugly and I knew it was the truth I would not be happy, I would not be arrogant, I would not try to enlighten people. I'd try to hide in the deepest darkest hole I could find and shut it all out.

If it was positive... I'd try to spread the word, I think. I'd be too happy and excited not to try and tell everyone the wonderful news. I'd doubtless get frustrated with people that didn't believe me... no telling if it would come over as arrogance or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The search! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The search!   The search! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The search!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Search of Truth :: General :: General-
Jump to: