The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Forum suggestion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BarristerBud

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Forum suggestion   Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Legal Issues.

Doesn't really matter what, civil or criminal..parking ticket? speeding ticket? Feel like that store screwed you over? Tell tales about sticking it to the man.

For example, SOON as I return from Europe in about 3 weeks, I will be taking STA travel to small claims court under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act unless they respond to my letter in which I will demand the costs I incurred in shipping a paper ticket from the US to Prague when it was supposed to be an e-ticket for my flight from Prague to London. So far it is up to 75 bucks.

If they are smart, they will credit my card 75 bucks. I have a few friends that just got their bar results back in that would LOVE to get their hands on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/martinbuddyhunt
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:55 am

Though it is an interesting subject, I'm not sure it holds much place with the theme of the forum... I could be mistaken or misunderstand, but that's my modest thought on it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:05 pm

How about government vs. personal beliefs? Some people are trying to get theories on evolution thrown out of public school and teach intelligent design (creationism), some teach both. Some groups argue that the dollar bill is offensive because it says "In God We Trust", this satement doesn't reflect there beliefs or saying the pledge of allegence in school.

Of course this discussion can easily lead to abortion debates, stem cell research and the governments role in this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarristerBud

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 pm

Yeah, that would be more in line with the board...and all pose good constitutional law questions. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/martinbuddyhunt
rogorm

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:01 pm

How about a DEFINITIONS forum? Many of the words we're using may mean one thing to us, and something completely different to others.

Such as ...

sin
God
Spirituality
evil
messiah
prayer
religion
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://123homeinspections.com
rogorm

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:05 pm

Oh .. and a PROOF forum where we can provide evidence of spiritual practices working in our lives. These would have to be first-hand TRUE stories, though. Not something passed down for generations about great-aunt Gert and the singing cockroach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://123homeinspections.com
jesca

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:53 pm

rogorm wrote:
Oh .. and a PROOF forum where we can provide evidence of spiritual practices working in our lives. These would have to be first-hand TRUE stories, though. Not something passed down for generations about great-aunt Gert and the singing cockroach.

I'm down with this one. Even though I think at this point, all I know that I believe is that there is some sort of God-like thing out there...I've even got some for this. Maybe I'll start it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestion
Page 1 of 1