The Search of Truth

I hope to find prospective researchers and develope intelligent conversations in delving into the very fabrics of the world around us, both known and unknown.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-02

PostSubject: Introduction   Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:19 am

Greetings. If you've found this forum, chances are you hold mild curiosity. I've searched for a forum of this nature for some time with no success. So, I decided to create it. In this, I am searching for the truth of nature, of life. It's a concept that has eluded and haunted me throughout my life. Here I seek open minded people that wish to add in their knowledge and experience, encounter new experiences and find a world unlike that which they've discovered before. I take a very realistic look at things, but leave no option unexplored. I've searched through both the light and dark arts. I've researched angels and demons. I take consideration from Christianity, Tao, Buddhists, Muslim, as well as some of the ancient mythologies. There is no taboo subject, no forbidden area. Positive thought is encouraged, and I hope it to be later better explained, but it is not unacceptable to think in other ways. In fact, all manner of thought is encouraged, as one can learn from various things. The only thing discouraged here is a closed and ignorant mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://celestialtruth.forumotion.com
Knyteowl

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Since I seem to be the only person that has joined so far I don't think there will be a lot of discussion but I hope new people will discover the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rogorm

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 pm

If I had a say in it, I would suggest choosing a color other than black (and shades thereof) for a web site on spirituality, unless you want to focus on wiccan/goth viewpoints. I'm not suggesting that it should be white, but pretty much any color would be a bit more ... pleasing.

To me, at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://123homeinspections.com
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:32 pm

I agree. I was telling someone earlier that I was thinking on changing the background, but don't currently have a better one. If anyone has something that they think would work better on the sides, please let me know. I'm also going to try my secondary thought in regards to this site's theme. Let me know what you think of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mephy
Admin

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:19 am

The forum has potential, but I agree that the template needs to be less fantasy mideival and more focused on the intent.

The tone of the template makes this feel more of a gaming platform than a serious discussion of enlightenment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trench
Admin

Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:02 am

Still working on it... Still, what do you think of this one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BMan

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:34 pm

mephy wrote:
The forum has potential, but I agree that the template needs to be less fantasy mideival and more focused on the intent.

The tone of the template makes this feel more of a gaming platform than a serious discussion of enlightenment.

I disagree. I think Michael has done a fine job of stating the intentions and not making this board feel so "gamey."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrianRT68V

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:11 pm

I like what you've done here Trench. The only thing that feels off to me is the green and black. I'm not sure, but it makes me think of "Aliens", and (when taken in context with "The Search of Truth") "X Files". Still, knowing you, that kinda fits your personality. A bit of darkness, walking somewhat in the shadows as you search for truth. Going in the other direction too far with the graphics and colors, while appealing to some, just wouldn't be you.
Of course, now that I've said that an element here doesn't appeal to me (And acting fully on the fact that we're friends), it would be a terrible crime if I didn't present something here, as a potential compromise for the image at the top. What do you think of this?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knyteowl

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm

I like both graphics a lot but I think I like the one of The Northern Lights a bit more. Probably because I can see some once and a great while but they still have a mystical quality that is very aww inspiring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knyteowl

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:36 am

It is very unfortunate that no one has updated or used this in a very long time but such is the way of things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction   

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1